Louisa Chiropractic Center officially opened its doors over 20 years ago, on May 20, 1996. The guiding principles have remained the same from day one:
- Every patient deserves the best possible care, regardless of insurance or financial status.
- Patients are to be scheduled based on their individual needs, not by some formula or the number of treatments allowed by their insurance companies.
- The doctor needs to listen to the patient, just as the patient needs to follow the doctor’s instructions.
- An overflowing waiting room is less an indication of how good the doctor is, but how little the doctor respects their patients’ time. Patients (with appointments) shouldn’t have to wait for extended periods in their doctors’ offices.
- No doctor can fix or treat everything. Referrals to other physicians or healthcare practitioners are made with the patient’s best interests in mind.
- Diagnostic measures are to be used intelligently. Expensive tests are not necessarily useful tests. Diagnostics conducted strictly for the doctor’s own academic interests should be done at the doctor’s expense.
- Mutual respect between a doctor and patient is at least as important as it is in any other human relationship.
- Caring about and for a patient should yield the same result.
- A sense of humor and a good attitude is the best way to get through anything life throws at you!